Friday, January 6, 2012

Homemade Lego Cop Halloween Costume

I fell in love with the idea of being a Lego Cop for Halloween 2011.  So I went and bought a few things and completed it in 3 days.  I wore it to a Halloween Costume Contest out with my husband (adults only at a bar) and won first place!  I really enjoyed making it and having fun it!!


I took foam the kind you have left over from siding and made the circles for the head, 2 larger, 2 slightly smaller and then used 2 pieces of poster board from the dollar store.  I used yellow paint which worked out well for me because I had it on hand.  The eyes I used duct tape and the mouth I trimmed with electrical tape.


The body and legs were from boxes I got from my children's school.  The legs specifically were 2 copier paper boxes.  I bought 2 cans of black spray paint for under $2 a piece.  I sprayed the body and legs down 3-4 times each drying all the way in between each spray.  With white paint I had on hand I painted the white circle on the main body.






The lego hands I used 4 layers of the foam like I used for the head and bought caulking glue and glue them together just like the head pieces.  I used a drill saw to shape the dried foam into a pac man like shape and then again so it's kind of pac man but not, hard to explain, but you get the idea. Then I painted them yellow as well.  I wore dark blue jeans and a long sleeve black shirt with it.  The mouth is what I could see out of when I wore the full costume.  


This was easy to make, lots of fun and fun to wear.  The kids got a big kick out of it too on Halloween night!!



No comments:

Post a Comment