Friday, January 6, 2012

No Sew Tutu

Having a girl has definitely been a journey for me.  I was never, ever girly.  I never had pink in my wardrobe or appreciated anything in that genre for that matter.  Well my daughter is definitely a girly girl.  She struts around in shoes whenever she can, which usually means she's mesmerized whenever she is at someone else's home because I only own 3 pairs total, 2 of them are Skechers! lol 

My daughter demands to wear pretty approved clothing by her, to include her socks and she is only 2!  She has a very good sense of style for a 2 year old, lol.  So about a year ago when I sensed this coming I began looking at tutus.  OMG was I stunned at how beautiful these little wonders are!! Along with that shock, was my shock at the price sticker.  I wanted to have her 2 yr old party theme Terrible Tutus - however this particular themed tutu cost $85.00 for a tutu that could only be worn for 6 months and that is if she actually wore it everyday.  Are you kidding me?

So thus began my search for the ability to make her one myself.  Now, I can be crafty.  But for some reason I have never possessed the ability to sew.  Not by hand nor by machine.  I am just sew an idiot, lol, sorry couldn't resist that one.





So I found the no sew technique, got 2 colors in shades of purple and pink to cover most of everything in her wardrobe, found tulle on sale when I want to Joann Fabrics and bought a 2 inch thick ribbon that sized up for a 4 year old's waist.  That way, I could tie it tight until she is that waist size and won't need to make another until she hits size 4 or needs them in other colors.

All and all, I spent just about $10 and it took me about an hour (and this was long compared to most averages - I am a perfectionist especially if I have never done it before) to create my daughter's tutu!





Sew Fun!!



No comments:

Post a Comment